Our full-time MTCC National Service Member application is now OPEN! Read below about how to apply to our full-time positions for the 2020-2021 service year.
Full Time Member Application Process
To learn about what recent MTCC AmeriCorps members have said about their service experience, visit the service member blog here.
Learn about the difference between serving as an AmeriCorps State Member and an AmeriCorps VISTA here.
Think about potential references who could fill out the MTCC reference form for you. You’ll need a Supervisor, Peer, and Service Reference (a mentor who can attest to how you live out the value of service) as part of your application.
Contact Claire Foley, MTCC’s recruitment coordinator, to learn more about the MTCC National Service Programs. Claire can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-243-5458.
Start an application. Priority Deadline for 2020-2021 is April 10th.
Submit an online application. Our application asks for basic information, a few essay questions, and the contact info for three references.
Send the MTCC Reference Form to your references. This is an online form for each reference to complete. The form asks that your references answer a few basic questions about your readiness to serve with the MTCC National Service program.
Look for confirmation: Once we’ve received and processed your application, you will receive an email from us about next steps. This email will be sent within a week of your submission.
Selected applicants will be offered an interview with MTCC staff. We will share materials to help you prepare for the interview.
MTCC Staff will contact applicants within a week of their submitted applications about potential interviews. If you are offered an interview with MTCC National Service, we will share materials to help you prepare, including:
- Pre-Interview Packet, with information about service with MTCC, and reflection questions to help you prepare for the interview
- Service Site Preferences Form, where candidates are asked for their top service site choices. For candidates that truly do not have a service site preference, or would simply like to serve where their skills are most needed, there is a “Serve Where Most Needed” option.
The MTCC National Service Interview is done over the phone with an MTCC staff member, and takes about 60 minutes. Within about a week of the interview, MTCC will communicate with applicants about whether they’ve been accepted into the MTCC National Service program.
Candidates will accept their invitation to join MTCC National Service by the program deadlines. Serving as a MTCC National Service member is conditional on the outcome of the applicant’s background check and a successful host site placement.
Using the candidate’s Service Site Preferences form, application, and information from the interview, MTCC staff will determine the best position for each applicant. We work hard to ensure that applicants are placed in positions where their skills and experiences will be most beneficial. While we significantly take into account candidate preferences for service sites, we ask that candidates are open to serving with an agency who can most benefit from their skills and talents.
After candidates are matched with a service site, they will connect via phone call for an informational interview. MTCC works hard to have placements finalized in the two weeks after an applicant is matched.
After a placement is finalized, MTCC staff will contact members to complete onboarding requirements including hiring paperwork, background check, and the My AmeriCorps Portal application.
Service begins with a multi-day training in our Missoula offices. Then you will return to your service site to begin your service!
Priority Application Round:
- April 10th – Priority Application Deadline
- April 2020 – Interview with MTCC Staff
- April 21st – Deadline to accept invitation to join MTCC National Service Program
- April 22nd – Match Day – Applicants matched to Host Sites
- April 23rd-May 2nd – Applicant/Host Site informational interview period
- May 4th – Placements finalized
Second Application Round
- May 8th – Application Deadline
- May 2020 – Interview with MTCC staff
- May 19th – Deadline to accept invitation to join MTCC National Service Program
- May 20th – Match Day – Applicants matched to Host Sites
- May 21st-May 29th – Applicant/Host Site informational interview period
- June 1st – Placements finalized
*After the second application round, all applicants will be processed on a rolling basis.