Thank you for your interest in hosting a MTCC Summer Associate. Please read the information and links below before filling out the application at the bottom of this page.
Host a Summer Member
- Summer Associates serve throughout Montana
- Associates serve on a full time daily basis for 10 weeks
- Service term: Early June-Mid August
- Positions include both direct and indirect service
- Positions include a variety of projects such as addressing summer learning loss; and summer meal programs in K-12 schools, college campuses, nonprofits, and community organizations.
- Cost: $1,000 per member
- Recruit locally for Summer Associate candidates;
- Interview candidates;
- Inform MTCC of chosen candidate(s);
- Direct candidates to fill out national service application available at my.americorps.gov;
- Supervisors must attend mandatory training in May 2021;
- Supervise and support Summer Associate(s) throughout the service term;
- Ensure service members complete all MTCC reporting requirements by assigned deadlines;
- Pay Host Site participation fee(s).
- Once MTCC approves your host site application, candidate recruitment begins. Host sites are responsible for recruiting applicants, conducting interviews of prospective candidates, and directing prospective candidates to formally apply to Summer Associate AmeriCorps position at my.americorps.gov (MTCC will provide this application link). Host sites must inform MTCC staff of selected candidates by April 30, 2021.
- Once host sites select their Summer Associate(s) and inform MTCC, our staff will contact candidate(s) to complete hiring paperwork and to ensure their understanding of Summer Associate terms, conditions, and benefits.
- MTCC must receive all AmeriCorps application items and approve candidates for national service to formally place a candidate. AmeriCorps member qualifications: members must be U.S. citizens and pass a background check and an NSOPW search. Members must be over the age of 18. A candidate related by blood, marriage or adoption to the staff or Board of Directors of the host site organization cannot serve at said organization.
- Summer Associates must attend a mandatory training with MTCC staff on their first day of service.
- March 5th: Priority deadline for prospective host sites to apply.
- Mid-March: Award notifications are sent to host sites, and candidate recruitment begins.
- April 30: Recruitment closes. MTCC must receive a host site’s selected candidate(s) by this date.
- Mid-May (TBA): Mandatory orientation webinar for supervisors. The webinar will review program terms and conditions, the host site role, and reporting requirements.
- Early June: First day of members’ service. MTCC provides a mandatory orientation to all Summer Associates.
- Mid-August: Final day of members’ service.
Step One: Click here to download the required supporting documents (MOU – Memorandum of Understanding – and Supporting Documents – Site Supervisor Agreement and Host Site Participation Fee Agreement.
Step Two: Our application is hosted on Submittable. If you don’t have an account, take a moment to register.
Step Three: Click here for the MTCC AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate Application. (If you are offering the same summer program as last year, contact Callye Foster at 406-243-2379. We will return your previous application for updates).
APPLICATION PRIORITY DEADLINE: March 5, 2021
Questions? Contact Callye Foster, email@example.com