Thank you for your interest in hosting a MTCC Summer Associate. Please read the information and links below before filling out the application at the bottom of this page.
Host a Summer Member
- Summer Associates serve throughout Montana
- Associates serve on a full time daily basis for 10 weeks
- Service term: Early June-Mid August
- Positions include both direct and indirect service
- Positions include a variety of projects such as addressing summer learning loss; and summer meal programs in K-12 schools, college campuses, nonprofits, and community organizations.
- Cost: $1,000 per member
- Recruit locally for Summer Associate candidates
- Interview candidates
- Inform MTCC of chosen candidate(s)
- Direct candidates to fill out national service application posted on the MTCC website
- Supervisors must attend mandatory training on May 6, 2020 at 2:30PM
- Supervise and support Summer Associate(s) throughout the service term
- Ensure service members complete all MTCC reporting requirements by assigned deadlines.
- Pay Host Site participation fee(s).
- Once MTCC approves your host site application, candidate recruitment begins. Host sites are responsible for recruiting applicants, conducting interviews of prospective candidates, and directing prospective candidates to formally apply to Summer Associate AmeriCorps application on the MyAmeriCorps.gov portal (MTCC will provide this application link). Host sites must inform MTCC staff of selected candidates by May 11, 2020.
- Once host sites select their Summer Associate(s) and inform MTCC, our staff will contact candidate(s) to ensure an understanding and compliance of Summer Associate terms, conditions and benefits, and hiring paperwork.
- MTCC must receive all AmeriCorps application items and approve candidates for national service to formally place a candidate. AmeriCorps member qualifications: members must be U.S. citizens and pass a background check and an NSOPW search. Members must be over the age of 18. A candidate related by blood, marriage or adoption to the staff or Board of Directors of the host site organization cannot serve at said organization.
- Summer Associates must attend a mandatory training with MTCC staff on their first day of service.
- Award notifications sent/candidate recruitment begins: March 16th
- Mid May TBA: Recruitment closes
- Mandatory Host Site Webinar for Supervisors: May 6, 2020 at 2:30PM.
We will review program terms and conditions, the host site role, and reporting requirements. Please RSVP to Callye Foster at Foster@mtcompact.org by May 5, 2020.
- Mandatory Orientation for Summer Associates: First day of service (in-person & via webinar)
Step Two: Our application is hosted on Submittable. To apply you will need to register on Submittable. It takes only a few minutes to register.
Step Three: Click here for the MTCC AmeriCorps VISTA Summer Associate Application. (If you are offering the same summer program you offered last year, contact Callye Foster at 406-243-2379 and we will send back last year’s summer application for you to edit and update.)