Community Building Institute
The Community Building Institute (CBI) series offers participants intentional approaches to community entry, needs assessment, and helps folks with tools to start and sustain community-driven programs and initiatives. As part of MTCC’s commitment to being an inclusive and community-centered network, this training offers strategies for bringing an equity lens to community change, and supporting the work of people from low-income and minority backgrounds.
CBI is based on the community-building framework, or “6 steps,” that are used as a model for sustainable community development initiatives. This training includes six, web-based hour-long sessions facilitated by community leaders. Participants have opportunities to interact with trainers and are provided support materials and receive a certificate upon completion of the training. Our next session will be offered in the Fall 2019. Click here to be notified when registration opens.
Following are session topics:
- Introduction to CBI and Evaluation for Everyday Use
- Building Community Advisory Groups
- Community Assessment
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Creating Community Awareness and Stakeholder Involvement
- Social Media and Marketing for Nonprofits
Cost of tickets:
- Waived for faculty, staff and service members from Montana Campus Compact affiliate institutions;
- Other Compact staff and faculty, National Service Members (AmeriCorps and VISTA): $28.00
- General Admission: $55.00
To register or for more information, please contact Callye Foster, MTCC Program Specialist email Callye Foster or call 406-243-2379