MTCC affiliate campuses and their partners are encouraged to apply to host an MTCC AmeriCorps Team to address educational equity and remove barriers to success. MTCC AmeriCorps teams are dedicated to encouraging students and families to consider, plan for, and apply for post secondary education.
MTCC AmeriCorps Team 2022-2023 Priority Areas: Applications will be ranked according to the following priority areas:
- High School Coaches mentor and support first generation and low income Junior and Seniors to consider, plan for, and apply for post secondary education. Enhancing the college going culture of Montana high schools. See MTCC Program Design link below.
- College Near-Peer Coaches – Success and Retention: AmeriCorps Teams will mentor and support underserved students with financial literacy, academic mentoring, social-emotional skill development, food and basic needs supports, and civic engagement opportunities.
- (If combined with #1 above) Student success and career exploration activities for first generation and low income K-12 students including inspiring a love of STEM.
These documents will need to be completed and submitted with an application:
- MTCC Memorandum of Understanding and Attachments
- MTCC Recruitment Procedure Agreement
- MTCC AmeriCorps Assignment Description [Template]
Step One: If you have not previously partnered with the MTCC AmeriCorps College Coaches program, it is recommended that you contact Dannette Fadness, AmeriCorps Manager, for a consultation.
Step Two: Register for a Submittable account.
Step Three: Begin the MTCC AmeriCorps Team Application in Submittable.
Step Four: Review and sign all required supporting documents, and upload them into the Submittable application.
Step Five: Review your application to confirm it is complete.
Step Six: Submit your application. Priority consideration for applications that are received on or before January 26, 2022.
Review this important information:
- MTCC AmeriCorps High School Coaching Program Design
- MTCC AmeriCorps Member Agreement
- MTCC AmeriCorps Team Member-College Students’
Questions? Contact Dannette Fadness or call 406-243-5181.
Host a Summer AmeriCorps Team Member: 10 week full-time with living allowance OR flexible part time support for up to 300 hours over the summer.
If you are interested in hosting a Summer AmeriCorps member, please contact Dannette Fadness or call 406-243-5181.