Election Engagement Resources
The Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is offering mini-grants for campus activities and events to mobilize students to participate in the 2020 Elections. CEEP views voting as a means to promote a more equitable and inclusive democracy and to address past and present disenfranchisement.
CEEP works closely with Campus Compacts and is a national nonpartisan project that helps administrators, faculty, staff, and student leaders at America’s colleges and universities engage students in federal, state, and local elections.
Faculty, staff, students, and student groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to applications with a clear plan for their campus engagement efforts and who demonstrate financial need. Preference will also be given to (although not limited to) community colleges and minority-serving institutions.
Grant Submission Requirements
- Must be a member of an MTCC affiliate campus in good standing
- For full consideration, applications must be received no later than Monday, October 5, 2020, 11:59 pm. Please email grant request to Josh Vanek (email@example.com)
- Early applications are encouraged, and will be considered on a rolling basis
- Funds must be utilized by November 6, 2020
- Grantees must fill out a post-electoral engagement survey to complete requirements.
Funds may be used for:
- Outreach and events: virtual, hybrid or in-person
- Program expenses including posters, speakers, fliers, postcards, transportation costs, supplies
- Implementing voter programming such as voter registration into campus events
- Help with staffing costs related to engagement efforts. For example, a new student assistant may be hired to work on electoral/democracy engagement and activities.
Moneys MUST be used for direct project-related costs ONLY. These funds are not able to fund current CEEP student fellows.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Josh Vanek at 406-243-5175. We look forward to working with you closely this election season to ensure you have the resources necessary to get your students participating in the elections and in our democracy.